Saturday, June 25, 2011

Outback steak house, Poway 7/52

Lets get back to business, now that I have had a day off, I can breath and blog. (Ya, I just finished working 23 days in a row)




I wanted to let you all know what I thought about my 'rita at Outback steak house. My man and I, with our 6 year old, went to the Outback in Poway, a couple of weeks ago. I ordered the Top Shelf Patron Margarita. OOPS, it was not my plan to order a Patron 'rita! The one thing that really bugs me about these places, the price of the adult beverages are not always listed on the menu. (But they always manage to list the calorie count, ugh!) Oh well, if its Patron, it better be good, right? To start off with, there were no indications of any happy hour, bar or no bar. So, I just ordered what looked good. This 'rita did have a delightful orange and lime taste, but offered to be a bit too strong and too sweet. The sweet was not so bad at first, but as I got deeper into the 'rita, the sweeter it got. Keep in mind now, when a 'rita is too sweet, it gives me a headache, this one was not that sweet. Now, based on the strong flavor, I was thinking this one was going to knock me on my bottom, however, once again, a bit of a disappointment, it did not. I left on my own two feet with not the best taste. I really did think that Outback would have been a better flavor then Claim Jumper, but it did not deliver, sorry Outback, Claim Jumper wins. On price and flavor. (And buzz.) Will I always compare my 'ritas to CJ now? I am going to give this top shelf 'rita only 3 stars. But hey, it was not so bad that I would not finish it, it just required the salt, thats all! When we got the bill, I saw that this 'rita was only $9, which is a really good, non HH price, for a top shelf 'rita.




For the food, I ordered a burger. At this point, I had no idea how much this top shelf 'rita was going to be, so I opted out of the steak and went for the more reasonable priced burger. I'm gonna have to say, the burger was a tad disappointing too. Truth be told, I have ALWAYS loved the food at Outback, I am guessing it was just an off night for them. I will say though, the toasted bun was perfect! A great touch to my burger.

Well, thats about it, I guess now would be a good time to say the service was, as always, fantastic. Good day or bad day, its still a nice place to be.

For more updates as I hit all sorts of places in San Diego, looking for the best 'rita around, please follow me on twitter, @SD_Rita.

No comments:

Post a Comment