Saturday, July 9, 2011

9/52 Chili's in Poway






Time to hit some new places. Chili's in Poway. To start off with, this is not a place we go to often, my husband is not a huge fan of their food, but the food is not horrible. This really is a place for drinks if you are into drinks. Just my opinion any way. Sometimes it can be loud and not as kid friendly as some would like it to be. We did eat on the dining side, not the bar side, so we did not get to take advantage of HH. (That and we were about a half hour too late.) This particular location is open during a remodel, so, there again, a distraction.




Lets start with the margarita. As I was looking at the menu, the server came up and asked if I wanted a 'rita. HA, YA I DO! But I had not yet looked at all my choices. So, I did what any one would do at this point, ask for a recommendation. I had in mind top shelf, but the menu was a bit confusing, add this, add that, sort of thing. You can get a base 'rita and add a shot of this or a shot of that for different add on prices. Odd, but cool, all at the same time. I asked my server and she gave me the, "Well, um…." I let her know that the choice of 'rita mattered to me, I want the best, because I was going to blog about it. She got totally excited and went for a great suggestion, "Presidente Margarita." This 'rita is top shelf all the way. Sauza Tequila, Patron orange liqueur and Presidente Brandy. A lot of what I have not heard of before, but it sure was a bunch of GOOD! This 'rita came in a shaker, at which the server, Dana, did the first pour and then she handed it to me, I was all on my own now. Now, I am not bad at pouring drinks, but with these shakers, you do have to be careful. The lid was a bit leaky, and a little did spill on the table, WHAT? Tequila on the table? This 'rita was almost good enough to lick the table. Just kidding, I'm not that OCD about my 'ritas! Lets talk about the taste. It started off with a clean start, trailed by some sweet. Not too much sweet, just enough. By middle of the drink, I was still on the fence with the flavor, it was the most original 'ritas so far out of all the 'ritas I have reviewed, but it just was not perfect. I have to say though, I was enjoying the wedge of lime on the rim, as I consumed the beverage, the smell of the lime really added to the drink. Once the 'rita was done, and the buzz was OK, I think I will have to give this 'rita a total of 4 stars. Strong, but not perfect. Well done Chili's.




All right, the food. On this particular night, we really were not in it for the food, it was late and we all had some dinner already. We were happy to stick with appetizers, and we have always wanted to try the Chips and Queso. We were going to get a dessert too, but the Queso was filling enough! The Skillet Queso is a cheese dip with seasoned beef, to be honest, the color was not that great. It was an off-putting color for food indeed. But it was tasty. What I enjoyed the most, was the flavor pairing of the Queso with the 'rita. A great pairing indeed! Of course, this was not something I could of had in place of dinner, but it was a nice end to my long day.

Well, thats just about it. I hope this review was helpful to you, especially if you were to venture to a Chili's for some 'ritas and chips! Please feel free to follow me on Twitter as I look for the best 'rita in San Diego! @SD_Rita.

No comments:

Post a Comment