Saturday, May 7, 2011

Casa Reveles, Ramona 3/52

This past week has been insane, but I cannot neglect my responsibilities to blogging!




http://www.casareveles.com/framestart.htm

724 Main St.
Ramona, Ca. 92065

This past weekend, my family and I went to a new restaurant in Ramona, called, Casa Reveles. Such a nice little place. Actually, my husband and I are familiar with this location, it use to be another restaurant that went out of business a few years back called El Nopal. Its an old building, a bit on the dumpy side, but the owners did the best with what they had to work with.

Lets start off by talking about the service. MAN, this server was SO friendly! I had paid my dues, I worked in food service long enough to know that when someone walks in the door, SAY HI! Thats what this guy did. His name is Victor. A delightful guy who was always there to say HI when someone walked in and was always attentive to our needs. The only delay that I felt was a bit too long, was the delay on getting our ticket at the end of the visit. The service alone was worth the visit.




The food:
The chips and salsa were great, but the bowl was not big enough! I was looking for more chips in about 5 seconds.
Hummm, not my favorite! I was not a fan of the "red" enchilada sauce. I put quotes around red because it really was more orange, not a pleasant color at all. Too greasy and just not enough good when it comes to flavor. But as I have learned in the past, if the food is not that great, then the 'rita is…….




The 'rita"
Yep, you guessed it, the 'rita was SO full of flavor! There was a delightful sweetness to it that did not change even after the ice melted. A total bonus. Usually, once its all liquid, it only taste like tequila! I could smell and taste the fresh lime. As a matter of fact, I went out the next day to the market to buy limes so I could try to make my own 'rita! The inspiration was all from this place. What was really awesome was after blending my drink, there was some 'rita left over in the blender that they put in a second glass and served that to me with the 'rita! Almost like getting a milk shake at Boll Weevils! It was fantastic! This 'rita did give me a decent buzz too. Not the best buzz but a buzz none the less. I am not sure that next time I get this 'rita, I would have them blend it, I could tell this one would have been better on the rocks. I say that because it all melted way too fast. There is a fine balance when it comes to a blended 'rita and when I find the restaurant masters that, I will let you know! Now, there is something to be said about simplicity, when I said that I wanted a 'rita, I had two choices, strawberry or lime. No top shelf or Cadillac! No biggie! Their 'rita was so good, top shelf did not matter! When Victor asked if I had wanted strawberry or lime, my son, in all of his wisdom said he wanted strawberries! :D

Please follow me, as I look for the best 'rita in San Diego! You can follow me on Twitter @SD_Rita.

No comments:

Post a Comment