Friday, May 20, 2011

This week, I made my 'rita! 4/52



(The actual drink is not really green. The glass is green in color.)
This week, my margarita came from my own hands. Let me tell you, it was MMMMMmmmm GOOD! Of course, I do believe my own 'rita is good, so I had to let others tell me if they were good or not.

So, on Friday, I went to a friends house, with a few additional friends, and put together my beloved drink. I mixed up a batch, measuring everything out carefully and proceeded to poor for 4 out of 6 of us. (Two of the guys simply stuck to beer.) For the most part, serving up the drinks were quite easy, three of us were happy with salt and on the rocks. One of the ladies wanted her 'rita blended. Let me tell you, Magic Bullet to the rescue!

What did I put into my home made 'rita? Here we go:

(For one drink)
2 ounces of freshly squeezed limes (yep, I did all the work, AND broke one squeezer and had to buy a new unit that actually worked.)
2 ounces of simple syrup. (recipe to follow.)
1 ounce of tequila (My favorite right now, Reposado tequila from Familia Camarena)
1 ounce Grand Marnier (The icing on the cake.)

The simple syrup is quite easy, I guess thats why its called "simple" syrup. You take one cup of water and one cup of sugar. Put them in a pan and on medium heat on a stove top. Stir until the sugar devolves, your done! Put in an air tight container, refrigerate and its good for 2 weeks.

Obviously, you can use any tequila you like! I just personally have seen plenty of Jose to last me a life time and wanted to try something new. Thats when I came across the Reposado tequila and man, I am glad I did, its a great tequila!

I guess thats it. I would not say my 'rita is the best there ever was, but I have to say, it sure beats the heck out of most of the ones I pay top dollar for! For the record, ALL of my friends who partook of the 'ritas this past weekend, were all loving the 'rita's and were asking for more!

Please follow me as I twitter my way through this adventure, @SD_Rita.

No comments:

Post a Comment